The purpose of this cookie notice is to inform you about what cookies are, how we and other third parties use them, and what you can do to control them. This cookie notice applies to all interactions with our Trend Media website at https://trend.media/ and any related webpages (collectively referred hereinafter as “website”).
Who are we?
We are Trend Media Limited, a company registered under the laws of Jamaica, with registered office at 14 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston, Jamaica.
Trend Media Limited (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this cookie notice) is a digital media, strategy and advertising agency in the Caribbean that owns and operates several news, journalism and content sharing websites and mobile applications. We are a subsidiary of the Digicel Group of Companies.
Our Contact Details
If you have any concerns or questions about our cookie notice, please contact the Group Privacy Team in the following ways:
Full name of legal entity: Trend Media Limited
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 14 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston CSO, Jamaica
Attn: Legal & Regulatory Department (Privacy)
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, tablet or smartphone by websites that you visit. They are generally used to make websites function, or function more efficiently. Cookies can generally allow you to access information that, perhaps, is limited to you as a registered user on a website or application, or to remember your preferences, or record what actions you took while browsing a website. They also provide information to those operating a website, for example counting the number of people looking at a website, where they come from, the type of browser/device they use and what content they read or interacted with.
We use our cookies and similar technologies to discover how you and other visitors are using our websites and applications, remember your preferences and interests and to show you content that is relevant to you. This helps us to qualitatively measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Who sets these cookies?
Both first-party and third-party cookies are used on our websites and applications.
First-party cookies are cookies set by us and which enable our websites and applications to work as you might expect it to. They are also used to give us anonymised data about how our website is being used, the browser, the type of device accessing it and where, generally, the device is located.
Third-party cookies are set by others, but may also enable us to learn more about our visitors/customers, allowing us to provide a more personalised service, or in connection with advertising and marketing.
- Essential: these cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website or application, or essential to the provision of the services you have requested. These include, for example, cookies that allow you, as a subscriber, to stay logged in to your account and to access information, sections of our website, or other services. You can set your browser to block these cookies, however some parts of the website or application may not function properly work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance: these cookies measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. They also allow us to calculate the number of visitors to our website, see what those visitors do on our website, how long they spend on the website, and which links they click. These cookies help us to improve how our website works, and enable us to make changes so that users stay longer or return more often.
- Targeting/Tracking: these cookies may be sent through our site by our advertising partners similar to performance cookies, these cookies tell us which pages you visit, and the links you follow, so that we can make our website more relevant to your interests. They may be used by those partners to build a profile of your interest and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store personally identifiable information but are based on uniquely identifying your device and browser.
- Functionality: these cookies make sure that you and your preferences are remembered when you return to our site. That means that you can store data that you wish to return to, complete logs as to what you have seen/used on the site, and generally allow us to provide you with a more personalised experience.
- Advertising: these collect information about your visit to our website, such as what you have looked at and the links you have followed, so that we can target our advertising at you, or exclude certain types of advertising that would not interest you. We can also gather information about your browser, device and your IP address.
- Third party cookies: these are used where we use third-party applications on our website to customise the services that we provide, or to provide an increased functionality. They may relate to the use of social media, or the use of another complementary service.
For how long do our cookies last?
The cookies we use last for different lengths of time. This depends upon the purpose for which they are used.
Session cookies are temporary cookies which are stored only until you leave the website, or you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
How to Control & Delete Cookies
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this notice. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. You can turn off cookies in most browsers, but doing so may restrict your use of our website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Different browsers provide different means of configuring how cookies are handled. To find out more go to the appropriate web-based guidance page for your browser.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers:
- Cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Cookie settings in Opera
For all other browsers, or for alternative advice, help may be sought by checking your browser settings or via your device user manual, or online help files.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites hyperlinked in this notice.
Please note that we may update this cookie notice at any time. Any changes we may make to our cookie notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes made. If you have any questions about this notice or our privacy notice, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
This version was last updated 09th June, 2023.